Bleach, the popular anime and manga series created by Tite Kubo, is trending on social media platforms like X (formerly known as Twitter). But the reason is not related to the anime, the plot, or the characters. It is because of the ongoing Young Thug trial, where one of the attorneys involved made a reference to Bleach to explain the concept of “filler” or “redundant”.
Table of Contents
What is the Young Thug trial about?
Young Thug, the Atlanta-based rapper, is facing multiple charges, including conspiring to violate the RICO (Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) Act, violating Georgia’s Controlled Substances Act, possession of a machine gun, and possession of a firearm while committing a felony, among others. The trial began in May 2023 and has been in the spotlight ever since. Young Thug is accused of being part of a gang that was involved in drug trafficking, robbery, and murder.
How did Bleach come into the picture?
An attorney named Angela D’Williams mentioned Bleach, a popular anime and manga series, in the Young Thug trial. She represents Rodalius Ryan, who was charged with RICO and other crimes. She used Bleach to explain the concept of “filler” or “redundant”.
She said that Bleach has 16 seasons and some of them have characters that are not important later on. She gave the example of Bounts, who are artificial beings that feed on souls. She said that she and her client are “filler” in the trial and that the prosecution is trying to “pad” the case with irrelevant evidence and witnesses.
- Is Prison School Season 2 Cancelled Or Not?
- Ya Boy Kongming! Anime to Get a Compilation Film in March 2024
- Chainsaw Man and Dandadan Anime: Why Fans Are Fighting on X(Twitter)
How did the fans react to the reference?
- The reference to Bleach in the trial caught the attention of many fans of the anime and manga series, who took to X to express their opinions. Some fans loved that their favourite series was mentioned in the trial and found it amusing and clever. They praised D’Williams for her knowledge and creativity and said that she was a true fan of Bleach.
- However, some fans thought that the reference was inappropriate and embarrassing and that D’Williams could have used a better analogy to make her point. They said that the reference was not suitable for a serious trial and that it showed a lack of professionalism and respect. They also said that the reference was not accurate, as the Bounts arc was not completely irrelevant to the main story and that it had some connections to the later arcs.
- Another set of fans was unhappy with how the Bounts were portrayed in the trial. They said that the Bounts were not filler characters and that they deserved more respect and recognition. They said that the Bounts arc was one of the best arcs in the anime and that it had some memorable and emotional moments. They also said that the Bounts were not evil and that they had their own motives and backgrounds. They spammed “Respect the Bounts” in the comments section of the trial clip shared on social media.
It is safe to say that the reference to Bleach in the trial had the entire animanga community excited and divided. The reference showed how popular and influential the series is, even in unexpected places. The reference also sparked a debate among the fans about the quality and relevance of the filler arcs in the anime. The reference also made some fans curious about the outcome of the trial and the fate of Young Thug and his co-defendants.
Stay tuned for more updates and news on anime.
What is the controversy surrounding the Bleach anime and its animators?
The Bleach anime, which is adapting the final arc of the manga called the Thousand-Year Blood War, has faced criticism and backlash from some fans for omitting or altering some scenes from the source material, especially a lewd scene involving the characters Yoruichi and Orihime.
What is the connection between Bleach’s anime and the Young Thug trial?
Young Thug, a rapper who is facing a RICO trial for allegedly being involved in a gang, was seen wearing a Bleach hoodie with the character Ichigo Kurosaki on it during one of his court appearances.
How did the fans react to Young Thug’s Bleach hoodie on X?
The fans had mixed reactions to Young Thug’s Bleach hoodie, with some praising his taste in anime, some questioning his motive for wearing it, and some expressing concern for his well-being and legal situation.